Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Leftover spaghetti noodles and sauce sitting in my fridge got me thinking, I wonder if I can try to re-create Tucci Benucci's Baked Spaghetti at home? Traditional recipes call for eggs but were they really necessary? So I gave it a try. It was AMAZING! My whole family was really excited about the results! My son, Noah, cleared his plate and I told him I don't remember him EVER eating everything on his plate. Even with pizza, he always leaves the crust. The kids were told when their plates were empty they could have a little of the leftover Tres Leche Cake. Noah informed us that Tres Leche Cake was worth it! This is a recipe I will make over and over again, planning spaghetti one night (making enough for leftovers) and then this a couple nights later for a really easy delicious meal.
* Notice the little corner with no sauce for our sauceless girl, her corner tasted like Mac n Cheese.
1/2 package cooked GF spaghetti noodles (we love the Trader Joe's Corn Spaghetti)
2 c Spaghetti Sauce
1/2 stick butter
12 oz low fat cottage cheese
1 c grated Parmesan Reggiano Cheese (or regular parmesan would work too)
8 oz Mozzarella Cheese shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 13 pan (I used butter).
2. Place 1/2 stick butter in large pot, melt then toss with cooked noodles. Add cottage cheese and parmesan, toss gently to combine.
3. Spread 1/2 of spaghetti noodles in 9 x 13 pan. Pour 1/2 of sauce over noodles. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella. Repeat layers of noodles, sauce and top with mozzarella.
4. Cover with tinfoil and bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove tinfoil and bake another 10 minutes or until the top is bubbly and light brown.
Shared on Allergy Free Wednesdays, Gluten Free Fridays and Allergy Friendly Fridays.