These bars remind me of church potlucks growing up. A friend told me they reminded him of the Hostess' Banana Flips, he loved as a kid. Unless you L-O-V-E frosting, spread only about 2/3 of the frosting over the cooled bars. I used all of the frosting to spread over the bars and the frosting got a little too thick for me. I am not a big frosting girl.
Banana Bars1/2 c butter, softened
1 1/2 c sugar
1/3 c coconut oil, melt before measuring
1 t vanilla
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 c Natalies's Gluten Free Flour Mix
1/2 t baking soda
1 1/2 t baking powder
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine butter, sugar, coconut oil, vanilla and bananas. Mix well on medium speed.
3. In a separate medium sized bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Then add to the mixing bowl of wet ingredients. Mix together thoroughly.
4. Pour into 9 x 13 pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until lightly brown and toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
Cream Cheese Frosting1/2 c butter, softened
8 oz light cream cheese, softened
4 c powdered sugar
2 t vanilla
1. Combine butter and cream cheese in mixing bowl. Mix on high until smooth, about1 minute. Add powdered sugar and vanilla, mix another minute or until combined and smooth.
2. Spread on completely cooled banana bars. Store in the refrigerator.
Shared on Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays & Gluten Free Fridays.