Chocolate and cream cheese?! Yes, please!
Try these moist chocolate cupcakes ASAP!
Thanks to the old, familiar crazy cake recipe,
these gluten free, egg free cupcakes are a breeze.
Bring these to your next celebration and everyone will be pleased.
Cupcakes3 c Natalie's Gluten Free Flour Mix (recipe here)
2 c sugar
1/3 c cocoa powder
2 t baking soda
1 t salt
2 t vanilla extract
2 T white vinegar
3/4 c coconut oil, melt before measuring (or canola oil)
2 c cold water
1 1/2 c Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners, then spray with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together well.
3. Make 3 holes in dry ingredients. In one hole, pour vanilla. In another hole, pour vinegar. In the third hole, pour oil. Pour cold water over the whole bowl. With a whisk, mix just until completely blended. Gently stir in chocolate chips. Pour into prepared muffin tin, about 3/4 full.
4. Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees, in a convection oven. (Or 40-45 minutes at 350 degrees, in a regular oven).
5. Remove from oven, remove cupcakes onto wire rack to cool.
6. Frost when completely cool.
Frosting1 package 1/3 less fat cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 stick butter, at room temperature
4 1/2 c powdered sugar
1/4 c milk
1 t vanilla
1. In mixer bowl, add cream cheese and butter. With paddle attachment, mix on high for approximately 5 minutes until the mixture becomes fluffy.
2. Mix in milk and vanilla.
3. Mix in powdered sugar, half at a time.
* If not set firm enough to your liking, you can add more powdered sugar or you can try refrigerating the frosting.
Frost your cupcakes!
This recipe has been shared on Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays & Gluten Free Fridays.